Terms & Conditions
FLATINROME is one of the trading names of the company “Flatinrome di Marini Massimo” - Via Portuense, 956, 00148 Roma - Italia. Telephone: (+39) 06 95 02 05 61. VAT NUMBER 10793051003.
The acceptance of the reservation is subject to:
1) availability of the apartment at the moment the written request is received;
2) payment of a deposit, as a down payment;
3) guest must provide name, surname and full address upon booking. These information are required by Italian Law to issue the invoice;
4) each guest staying overnight must be registered with local authorities. Guests must communicate their passport details upon arrival. If they fails to do that, every legal issue and cost will be charged to the guest. In order to speed up check in procedures, Flatinrome asks for the relevant personal information upon booking. It is not necessary to provide them upon booking, but do is recommended;
5) if asked by Flatinrome the guest will have to provide the authorization for eventual debits of other amounts foreseen down below in case of cancellation.
The reservation is accepted only when Flatinrome sends a written confirmation to the guest.
When the written confirmation that the apartment is available is received, and in respect of the terms contained in there, the guest will pay an amount equal to 50% of the total price of the reserved holiday by credit card (with transaction fee communicated in the booking proposal) or via bank transfer. The guest will confirm how he sent the deposit. Flatinrome will confirm the booking when the payment will be recorded into its account.
The balance will be paid at check-in with credit card (with the transaction fee communicated in the booking proposal) or cash in Euros, together with the signature of the holiday rental agreement.
The valid rental detail (apartment, price, number of guests and period) is the one sent by Flatinrome in the booking proposal sent to the guest via email prior to the arrival. Guest is required to check it and notify immediately via email any misunderstanding.
Apart from the apartment, which is completely furnished, equipped and cleaned, the price includes the following services:
* Check in service with apartment, surroundings and city explanations (between 4pm and 8pm, to be agreed at least 3 days prior to the arrival date. After 8pm will be charged 30 Euro late arrival fee).
* Check out service and security deposit refund (between 8am and 10 am to be agreed at check in. Before 8am will be charged 30 Euro early check out fee).
* Final cleaning (with compulsory extra charge).
* Air conditioning between June 15th and September 30th and heating between November 5th and April 15th . Out of these periods, the services will be charged 5 Euros per day.
* Cleaning assurance: the apartment will be cleaned again free of charge if the apartment is not cleaned properly and the guest notify the issue within 24 hours from the arrival. No refund for any reason will be issued after this time limit.
* 24 hours assistance for any issue not only pertaining to the apartment, by calling the number (+39) 06 95 02 05 61.
* Get your rental bike delivered to your apartment: contact us for further details
* Baby cot (less than 2 yo) to be reserved upon booking. Please note that I do not provide linen, blankets or pillows for the baby cot.
* Unless otherwise specified in the offer, the provision of linen (sheets, towels, tea cloth and bathmat) is not included in the rental rate and will be charged separately, or you can bring your own linen and towels to avoid having to pay this cost. Guest is required to book this service at least 3 days prior to the arrival date, specifying number of people and bedding configuration (which bed and if in double or single bed configuration).
* Car transfer to/from airport/stations (15 Euros per person, 60 Euros minimum charge)
* Unless otherwise specified in the offer, WiFi Internet connection is 3 Euros per apartment per day.
* Ticket for Reserved Entrance to Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel (SKIP THE QUEUE !): 27,50 Euros + 3 Euros sales fee. Children under 6: free. Children 6 to 12: 20 Euros.
For stays of 3 weeks or more the price includes the weekly cleaning (no linen change, to be purchased when needed). This offer is not valid is the price includes a last minute discount.
Prices are in Euros (€) and are stated on the site. However, these may not correspond to the final prices formulated to you. For both accommodation and products, we reserve the right to change the stated selling price at any time. A final price cannot be changed and will be formulated in the booking details Flatinrome will send you.
CANCELLATION BY THE GUEST
The following policy only applies to direct reservation through Flatinrome.it website. Reservation made through other websites or travel agents may have different policies. Cancellation by the guest has to be communicated to Flatinrome via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation communicated on the phone or via sms will not be considered as valid and effective.
The cancellation by the guest implies the following fees:
• No cancellation fee and deposit refunded if Flatinrome will re-rent the space for the entire time period.
• 50% of the deposit will be refunded if the cancellation is made 60 days prior to the beginning of the stay.
• If the cancellation is made from 59 to 14 days prior to the arrival date guest will have to pay 50% of the agreed price.
• If the cancellation is made from 13 to 7 days prior to the arrival date guest will have to pay 75% of the agreed price.
• If the cancellation is made from 6 days prior to the arrival date to the arrival date (or no show) guest will have to pay 100% of the agreed price.
• From 6 days until the arrival day or no show: 100% of the agreed price.
Flatinrome is authorized to debit the amount on the Credit Card indicated by the guest upon reservation for these payments. Alternatively the guest is required to wire the money within 48 hours from the cancellation. The guest will not have the right to any reimbursement if he voluntarily interrupts the holiday and leaves before the established departure date.
After the down payment, the price communicated by Flatinrome in the booking proposal cannot be discounted for no reason, i.e. for the partial cancellation in terms of days or number of guests. In other words, the amount due upon arrival will be the one indicated in the booking proposal, even if the stay will be shorter or the number of guests will be lesser then agreed.
If the guest want to postpone the departure date, the additional daily cost can be different and will be communicated by Flatinrome at the time of the request.
CANCELLATION BY FLATINROME
In the event that the apartment is not available for justified reasons, Flatinrome reserves the right to offer an adequate alternative solution to the original reservation.
If the guest should not wish to accept the alternative that is offered, every obligation will be terminated and the guest will get the down payment back in full.
CHECK IN PROCEDURES.
Seven days prior to the arrival the guest has to inform Flatinrome via email (email@example.com) about the bedding configuration requested and the planned arrival time and to obtain the final details about their welcome at the apartment.
If the guest does not make the information known at the required time, beds will be made as double and Flatinrome will not be responsible for any eventual delays or failure in check in procedure: the apartments do not have a reception (like hotels do) and the welcome must therefore be organized well in advance.
The apartment will be ready between 4pm and 8pm on the arrival date. For arrivals after 8pm, the guest will be charged for the late arrival fee (30 Euros). An early check-in before 4pm is possible with a 50% of the additional night charge. Close to the apartment Flatinrome selected luggage deposits where the client can leave his bags with a small fee. Upon availability, the client can leave his luggage free of charge in the apartment before 4pm, but Flatinrome can confirm this option the night before. Flatinrome will do his best to get the apartment cleaned by the client’s arrival, but the apartment may need to be cleaned and the client cannot stay in the apartment for any amount of time, other than to drop off his luggage, prior to the apartment being cleaned. He can only occupy the apartment once the cleaning is finished.
At the agreed time one of Flatinrome staff will wait for the guest in the apartment, to hand over the keys and supply useful information about the apartment and the city.
In order to make the arrival easier the guest is asked to supply details of their transport, as well as flight number, train details or planned arrival time by car. The guest is granted for 30 minutes free delay. If the guest is running late, he is required to call the person in charge of check in or the emergency number (+39) 06 95 02 05 61 at least 30 minutes before the agreed check in time. If the guest fails to do that, he will be charged 10 Euros for each hour (or part of it) over the agreed check in time. When the delayed guest calls Flatinrome a new time will be communicated according to the availability of Flatinrome staff.
The payment of the settlement is due in full upon arrival in cash in Euros or with credit card (Visa or Master Card only) with transaction fees. Upon arrival the guest will also pay the security deposit in cash in Euros, refundable at the end of the stay. If the guest will not be able to settle the full amounts upon arrival, he will be charged 10 Euros for each additional time the Flatinrome staff will have to go and pick up the money.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES.
Check out time will be agreed at check in. The apartment is at guest’s disposal up until 10am. For check out before 8am the guest will be charged for the early check out fee (30 Euros).
A late check-out after 10am is possible with a 50% of the additional night charge. Close to the apartment Flatinrome selected luggage deposits where the client can leave his bags with a small fee.
Upon availability, the client you can also leave his luggage free of charge in the apartment before 10am and pick it up before 4pm (without using the toilet or walking around, since it will be clean and ready for the next guest). Flatinrome can confirm this option the night before.
If the guest does not leave at the agreed check out time, he will be charged 10 Euros for each additional hour or part of it.
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE
The description of each apartment includes the number of people who are allowed to stay there. In any case the number of guest cannot be higher than the number communicated at the moment of booking.
Living in Rome means that the guests will be subject to Italian cultural norms and modes of living. Italian practices can be quite different from what guests are accustomed to in their country. It is important to recognize the fact that the apartment building, may houses Italian families and that the guest is living as a guest in their neighborhood. Some of these practices are actually codified into LAWS.
Guests are required to consider the following Italian laws regarding housing:
• Between the hours of 10:00 pm and 9:00 am neighbors have the right to call the police for any excessive noise. All of the neighbors will know that the apartment is for “tourist housing” and will not hesitate to contact the police if the guest does not respect the noise laws. Italian laws are strict in cases regarding disturbing the peace, so also the guest must maintain a quiet voice when walking in and out of the building.
• Guests are not allowed to have a party in the apartment. If they decide to host a loud party they will surely have a big problem. Since they are a guest in the building the police will not accept any excuses or explanations if they need to come to your apartment after a neighbor calls them.
• Landlords have the right in Italy to come unannounced and check on apartments. Guests is comparable to being a guest in someone’s home. They have the right to enter if they want to show the apartment off to future tenants, check on damages, remove replace furniture, and make sure no one is staying at the house. Of course it goes without saying that Flatinrome would always contact the guest before coming to the house. Only in extreme cases of violation of any of the above rules and expectations and only after several attempted warnings would Flatinrome ever come to the apartment unannounced or without a tenant’s express permission.
In addition to the Italian laws, Flatinrome will levy a fine of 100 Euros for each substantiated complaint from neighbors. In case of serious and repeated facts, Flatinrome will have to report the facts to the Police and the lease will be immediately terminated with no refund.
In the event that the guest requires the presence of Flatinrome’s staff during their stay for a reason that Flatinrome may consider unimportant or ascribable to the guest (key lost, forgotten in the apartment, etc.), they will be charged 30.00 Euros between 9am and 7pm and 50 Euros between 7pm and 9am.
In the event that the keys be lost, broken or damaged or that a locksmith is needed to open the door, Flatinrome will be authorized to debit the amount of 300.00 Euros which includes the replacement of the lock (where there are no other costs borne).
In the apartments with electronic card, in case of card lost, broken or damaged, Flatinrome will be authorized to debit the amount of 50.00 Euros. Please keep in mind that the card must be kept in the external safe box and far from cell phones: they may damage the card.
If there should be any problems during the stay, the guest is required to inform immediately Flatinrome, in order to give them the chance to react and provide a speedy solution to the problem. Flatinrome’s policy is fixing the problems to ensure a comfortable stay of the guests instead of giving refund. Any eventual claims that are made at check out or later will only help next guest. Any damage not reported within 24 hours from arrival will be charged to the Renter.
Flatinrome will deliver the apartment clean, well-equipped with all that guests need for a brief stay, but if the guest is not satisfied, he can ask Flatinrome to clean again the apartment free of charge. Guest is required to notify the issue within 24 hours from the arrival. No extra cleaning or refund for any reason will be issued after this time limit.
The final cleaning will be made by Flatinrome and paid by the guest. The cleaning fee does not include stoves and dishes. Guest must also leave the apartment in good cleaning conditions and must throw the garbage away. If he fails to do that he will be charged for an extra cleaning fee (10 Euros minimum fee).
LAW AND JURISDICTION
The contract signed between the guest and Flatinrome is regulated by Italian Law and exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Italian Courts.